Design or assist in the design of promotional materials, including brochures, invitations, programs, posters, stickers, signage, web banners and electronic media, invitations, and ads. Experienced pre-press and print production knowledge. Maintain organizational identity and adhere to design standards. Prepare files in specified formats for print and web production. Create vector illustrations, icons and graphics. Photograph, produce and retouch photographic images. Solicit competitive bids and negotiate with printers for quality and cost control.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Expert computer skills – Comfortable using any computer software or interface and troubleshooting as needed
- Clean, modern design style favoring typography; knowledge of digital photography and lighting
- Able to work on multiple projects at once, especially in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Superb organizational and information cataloging skills
- Able to take direction and seek help when needed; self-starter who can work well under limited supervision
- Contributing team player with excellent interpersonal skills, respect for others, and great sense of humor
TECHNOLOGY & SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS
- Adobe CS4, Content Management Systems software and interfaces, MS Office, Mac OSX, Windows, Peripherals
Graphic Designer/Independent Contractor, San Francisco, CA 2006 – present
- Develop and manage multiple Graphic Design, Web and Marketing client accounts; Confer with clients to determine campaigns; Operate desktop publishing software and equipment to design, lay out, and produce camera-ready copy; Deliver assets on deadline; Convert various files for print or Internet. Clients include: San Francisco Animal Care & Control; Night Shade Books; Bay Woof; Pets Are Wonderful Support; Lyon-Martin Health Services; and UCSF.
Communications Associate, Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, San Francisco, CA 2002- ‘06
- Prepare or edit organizational websites and publications for internal and external audiences, including volunteer newsletters and stakeholder reports; Oversee and develop all visual branding; Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts. Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
Web Site Manager, Cubik Media, San Francisco, CA 1999 – ‘01
- Perform or direct web site updates and maintenance for multiple clients. Design, build, or maintain web sites; Content creation tools, management tools, and digital media; Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
Communications Associate, Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, San Francisco, CA 1996 – ’98
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts; Product illustrations, company logos, and Internet websites; National organization’s publications; supervise design intern; develop and streamline electronic file exchange system.
Design Associate, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, San Francisco, CA 1989 – ‘96
- Support 14 retail outlets with centralized merchandise, supplies, point-of-sale graphics, catalogs, flyers, postcards, tradeshow/conference graphics & staffing.
- Center for Electronic Art, World Wide Web publishing, San Francisco, CA
- Westminster College, Marketing Communications; editing/writing, publication design/production Salt Lake City, UT
- University of Denver Publishing Institute, Intensive study of book/magazine publishing, Denver, CO