Create Content, Produce & Manage E-blasts, Social Media & Website [measuring/responding to metrics all the while); Design & produce promotional materials, including Newsletters, Brochures, and Special Events; Research, Write and Distribute Press Releases, PSAs and Calendar listings. Create vector illustrations, icons and graphics; Photograph, produce & retouch photographic images; Design/produce both temporary & permanent signage; support Executive Director, Board of Directors or external Agency on projects; Maintain organizational Identity and Design Guidelines. Solicit competitive bids and negotiate with printers for quality and cost control.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Expert intuitive computer skills on multiple platforms, online interfaces, and software options
- Excellent typography knowledge; expertly capture, retouch and manipulate photographic images
- Able to work on multiple projects at once, especially in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Willing to take direction and seek help when needed; follow identity and design guidelines
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills and great sense of humor
TECHNOLOGY & SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube; etc.
- Web CMS: Wix, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal
- Email: Constant Contact, MailChimp, Vertical Response
- Donor Management & Fundraising: Donor Perfect; GiveSmart, QGiv;
- Adobe Cloud Design Suite [Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Acrobat];
- MS Office, Google cloud apps. Mac OS, Windows.
Marketing & Communications Associate, Pomeroy Rec & Rehab Center, San Francisco, CA 2015 – present
Signage, Marketing & Communication rebranding; Inform/encourage advocates across all social media outlets; create, produce & manage Email & Print communications to 7K+ constituents; Annual Gala Graphics & Auction Solicitation raising average $300K; Original Video Filming & Creation; Develop/disseminate/update Brochure Series; developed Sign templates for interdepartmental use, preserving consistency & Brand Adherence; Solicit Donors, Sponsors & Supporters; Identify Grant and Fundraising Opportunities; participate in Grant Application Preparation & Fulfillment; write & distribute Press Releases, Calendar Listings & PSAs; design & produce Monthly Calendar; Design/Produce Annual Calendar
Graphic Designer/Independent Contractor, San Francisco, CA 2006 – present
- Develop and manage multiple Graphic Design, Web and Marketing Clients including: St Aidan’s Episcopal Church, San Francisco Animal Care and Control; Pets Are Wonderful Support; Lyon-Martin; ProjectInform.
Communications Associate, Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, San Francisco, CA 2002- ‘06
- Manage organizational website & publications; founded award-winning volunteer newsletter “Creature Comforts”; Create designs in multiple formats; Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability. Radio and Television spokesperson.
Web Site Manager, Cubik Media, San Francisco, CA 1999 – ‘01
- Perform or direct web site updates and maintenance for multiple clients. Design, build, or maintain web sites; Content creation tools, management tools, and digital media; Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
Communications Associate, Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, San Francisco, CA 1996 – ’98
- Design, Produce & Contribute Content for National organization’s publications; supervise design intern; develop and streamline electronic file exchange system.
Design Associate, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, San Francisco, CA 1989 – ‘96
- Support 14 retail outlets with centralized merchandise, supplies, point-of-sale graphics, catalogs, flyers, postcards, trade show/conference graphics & staffing; coordinate merchandise and messaging with National Park Service representatives.
- Westminster College, Marketing Communications; editing/writing, publication design/production Salt Lake City, UT
- University of Denver Publishing Institute, Intensive study of book/magazine publishing, Denver, CO
- Center for Electronic Art, World Wide Web publishing, San Francisco, CA